Saturday, October 30

too tired to knit.

I am so tired today. I didn't sleep well last night. Amy and I try not to have drama and if we do we really try not to bring our friends in to it. Why then do some people thrive on drama? Rather than going into a drawn out post I will just say this... If a guy is 26 years old, he should be able to A) live on his own B) make his own money C) not have to check in with his mom D) not have to lie to his mom about his girlfriend and E) Not have his mom calling to our house at 1:00 am looking for him because he is out with his girlfriend. UGGGHHHH!

I got a nice little package in the mail today. It was my yarn from Washington. (see my pet peeve today)... I can't wait to finish up that 2nd skein I am working on. I also went to Joann's on my way home today from Gary's salon. I know I should support my LYS but sometimes it is just easier to go to a closer place. (especially if it is for a pompom maker and size 17 needles) A pompom maker you ask? What is she going to make a with a pompom maker? Well, I am glad that you asked. I was looking through a swedish knitting site and found a pattern for a scarf that I like. This screams novelty scarf. (And what would christmas be if I didn't give someone something that is absolutely unneccessary?) I can't really read the pattern but it gave me a general idea for a scarf... I will also post the pattern for this as soon as I get it done up! I think that I want to make it more pompom-ey I am just trying to figure out how to string them on... I will take any and all suggestions!

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Jack and Nicholas said...

Love the scarf Becky - I can't wait to see what you do with it. I remember seeing something like this at Nordstrom a while back, but there were definately more pom-poms on it. Like maybe three in a row? You could experiment with it and see what you think.

- Brooke

Creative Genius? said...

Hey - that site has a dictionary - so you could translate the pattern if you want! :-) It's totally cool!