Friday, October 22

I feel like I am out of my knitting world.

I took a part time temp job with Martha's dad the other day to help ease the load of some of the clients. He works in a two chair salon and the owner's husband passed away on Tuesday, so I am the shampoo girl for Friday and Saturday for the next two weeks. I really don't mind because it gives me some extra spending money. The only things that really bother all that much are that 1. I am giving up my last free Saturdays before I start working. (my work week will be tues thru sat) and 2. The clients are little Sun City ladies that only get their hair washed once a week at the salon. As soon as the water hits their hair you can smell every single thing that they have been doing over the last week. To get it clean you have to wash it at least 2 times. Most of the women I was washing 3 or 4 times. I won't go into any more detail, I will just say this... GROSS!

So, this working thing is really taking me away from my knitting. I don't know what to do about that. I have the back of the baby sweater done. I just need to do the front and the sleeves. I think that I will do that on Sunday. I have just been wanting mindless knitting. Or something that goes fast.

So, I have been working on Kim's gloves and scarf. The color is really pretty and I can't wait to see how they will turn out. I am doing the scarf on size 4 needles...(this is for you Jen... Why did I start the scarf on size 4 needles?!?!?!? Do I deserve this kind of torture?!?!) I got some brown yarn for my grandpa's hat the other night. I don't have the label with me but it is really nice. A superwash wool. (Illana....I broke down and started the cabling for the hat.....) I couldn't help myself. It was just sitting there calling my name out... I had to start it. I must say that I am glad that I did it looks really good! I am putting some pictures of it up. I haven't worked anymore on my Fluted Banister socks because the sock that I was working on is MIA. I have no idea where it is. It wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that the yarn was 10.75 for the skein and I have it on two brand new Addi Turbo's! Nice huh? So, I think that from now on I am going to place a "please contact if found" in all of my knitting bags I am now out like 35 bucks for that ONE sock!

Not too much more to say. I am just tired and grumpy lately because I have to get up at 6:30 in the morning and I don't like that at all. I have some how become a night person and it was suiting me just fine. Oh well, I guess that the real world had to come sooner or later. Although I wish it were later.

Although this isn't knitting related it is Arizona related and I will leave you all with this question to ponder: Do custard cream pies help fight against the Iraq war and those supporting our President?


1 comment:

illanna said...

Oh NO! I am so sorry to hear about your sock! How could that happen? It has to turn up someplace... You WILL find it.

About the hat, don't feel guilty! You have to cast on eventually anyway! Just think of yourself as a EXTRA SPECIAL granddaughter...

Last, your job sounds gross. I had a job washing hair once and I was ALWAYS grossed out by old lady hair. I sympathize, but i think your job is worse. At least you are getting money and you can replace the needles and yarn!