Thursday, October 7

back to the hunt.

Well, I had some time to think it all over last night and I don't think that I am going to be taking the position at Cameleon. The two biggest draw backs are a) I have to shell out sooo much money for a haircolor. b) I am only being hired on a 30 day trial. What happens, if after 30 days I decide that I am not happy there. I am out 600 bucks in hair color and I am on the job search again. I found some salons online last night that I want to check out. There are a few that I definitely want to apply at.

I only have 11" done on my satchel back piece. This thing is taking FOREVER to knit. I am really going to try to have it done by the 10th of October but I am not sure if I can get it done that quickly. I know that I won't get the lining or seaming done but I at least want to have all the knitting done on it.

We went to lunch with one of Amy's co-workers yesterday and she is a crocheter. She was telling me that she made a blanket in about 3 days. Granted, she is on medical leave right now but, 3 DAYS?!??! I have to learn how to crochet!

Just a quick note: Thanks to all of you to have been so supportive of my interview process and cheering me on. It is greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

illanna said...

Wow Becky! Are you really 45% done with the satchel already? I can't wait to see it! I hope you finish it by the 20th so that I can check it out!

Thanks for making the whole roving thing more clear. There is a bag that I want to make in that way. It is 2 circles sewn together with a circular hole in the top to hold it in your hand. Then there is a circle in a contrasting color on the bag too. That probably makes no sense. I'll try to find it online.