Sunday, October 24

Sometimes you just gotta...

How is it that there are times in your life when you feel like you are actually living it? I remember the first time that this happened to me. I was 17 and I was driving down McDowell Road in my 1970 VW bug. Her name was Heidi. It was spring and I just felt so alive and aware of my surroundings, nature and just life in general. I am feeling that way right now. Funny how 8 years later it is when I am sitting in front of a television and holding a knitted hat. I always wonder if this happpens because the person needs it to. I have just been plugging away in my own little pent up world for so long that I think that the forces around me decided I was to re-connect with the world.

I accomplished some really good things fortoday and I uncovered a few things that I really like about me. Some are silly little things but others go straight to my heart.
  • I set a goal for myself to get up and to go work out this morning and I did it. I pushed myself out the door but I still went out.
  • I remembered how nice the morning is when I am not rushing out the door
  • My niece and nephews still hold one of the top spots in my heart
  • My grandparent's, crotchety as the may be at any point in a visit with them, still see me for the most part as a grandCHILD and treat me as such... I found that it is quite endearing.
  • I have the ability to clean a house within 20 minutes to make it decent for friend viewing
  • I can make a damn good meal from scratch
  • I can do the kitchener stitch

See, I had to get into knitting somehow!!!! Yep, I learned how to do the kitchener stitch today! I also learned the other day to make the provisional cast on. But I am more proud of the kitchener. I was working on my grandpa's hat and I came to the point where it had to be done. I was going to just do a three needle bind off but I told myself that I could do it and I did it!

On a smaller knitting front... I realized that I am getting really antsy about the new Stitch and Bitch book coming out. I had a dream last night that it came in the mail and that I was sent a DVD about the photo shoot for all the projects that were in the book. Unfortunately it was just a dream and I still haven't gotten the book, but... I did manage to dream up some really cute patterns. I drew them out awhile ago and they are kinda cute! I have this urge to email her and be like "WHERE IS MY FREAKIN' BOOK?!?!?!?" But I am going to be patient!

Happy Knitting...


No comments: