Friday, January 28

A whale of a tale... This one is a long one folks!

This post is dedicated to my secret pal. Who has emailed me earlier this morning... what a nice way to start off a really crappy morning.

I have been dropping everything all morning long. I spilled my purse all over my car. My dog decides that she can't wait to go outside to go potty, I forgot to put the clothes in the dryer last night so had horribly wet clothes this morning and nothing to wear as I decided to do all the sheets and towels first... But enough complaining... You have sent me a little ray of sunshine in my cloudy day..


So here are my answers to the questions in paragraph form...

I don't conisder myself to be a yarn snob. I will knit with the occasional red heart if needed. I do like wool-ease, but will pass on the lionbrand homespun...it creeps me out. I love knitting with cotton. The first real thing I knit in cotton was a purse and have been carrying it around for quite awhile. Some of my favorite brands... Tahki Cotton Classic, Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere, Brown sheep Cotton Fleece (not cotton but like Koigu KPPPM), I really do like the Lily's Sugar and Cream Cotton. It is wondeful to knit with on Bamboo. It kind of shines 'em up for you. Speaking of which I love bamboo. I prefer not to knit with metal needles unless they are Addi's. So I guess you could say that I am a needle snob. I just got my first pair of Crystal Palace bamboo needles and love love love them. I also am highly fond of Brittany needles.


I have just gotten into spinning. My girlfriend has yet to buy my wheel for me. It was supposed to be a Christmas present, but then again it was also supposed to be a birthday, anniversary and valentines day present and it has yet to arrive. I am fairly decent with a drop spindle. My sister got two alpacas from a friend that was moving and we are going to do our first real shearing on them this march. Can't wait. I am not a crocheter. I am just all thumbs, although I am going to try again.

I have been knitting steadily for about 5 years now. I am 25 now. I first learned to knit when I was 14 or 15 and quickly forgot how to do everything. I took a class at my LYS and have been self taught ever since. I used to do a lot of bookbinding and stamping but those got too expensive...like knitting isnt.... :) I am just now getting into embroidery, although I don't have the patience for it.

Right now I am working on quite a few projects... The main one is the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I am also working on a pair of socks called Disco Socks, the PI shawl by EZ, tweed socks, my handspun yarn, a scarf I am calling the Flapper scarf, Little Eyelet scarf, as you can see I like to keep my options open. I am definitely a sock knitter. Most of my socks are worked on 2 circular needles. Although I would love to learn how to do the magic loop method. My oldest UFO is from 2002. I just need to finish one half of a slipper to be done with them but can't get myself to do it because the first one is too big... Oh well.

I don't really have a current obsession right now. I fell into the poncho craze, knit one up looked like an idiot wearing it so I seamed the neck opening and am going to give it to my sister for a blanket for her son's room. I do believe that spinning is going to take over quite quickly though, I really got into knitting purses for a while, but I love to knit socks. I am also into knitting baby and little kid items. I am awaiting the coupon for my craft store on Sunday to get Adorable Knits for Tots. I have a lot of babies to knit for this coming year, so I think I need to get a move on that.

I am a born and raised Arizona native. I wanted desperately to get out of here but have settled down with a wonderful girl named Amy. We have two cats Pepper Ann and Moose (who are brother and sister) a chihuahua named Maggie and Amy's hamster named Pinky. (which I hate)
I don't have that much of a sweet tooth, at least not for candy. I love cookies, brownies, junk like that. But I am a sucker for a good chocolate. Milk only please. I worked at See's Candy Shops for an easter season one year and have fallen in love with good chocolate. I strongly beleive in quality versus quantity on the chocolate factor...Okay okay if I can have a ton of awesome chocolate I won't complain. I have no allergies. Favorite scents? Nothing comes to mind right now as my favorite. I do love the smell of Mexican cooking vanilla. It is the best. Scents that I can't stand include Lavender and patchouli.

My favorite holiday is Christmas. Every year I want to buy a nativity scene but I end up not liking any that are out there. It has to be the exact one....I did fall in love with one at a shop when we were on vacation in August, but Amy wouldn't let me start Christmas shopping that early. I don't really collect anything. My favorite animals are the cow, pig and my pets. I listen to all types of music...(Don't fence me in please) Anything from Sublime to George Strait to Ella Fitzgerald to Kittie. Anything with a good bass line...Amy is a bass player in band so I can pick up the bass in a heartbeat.

So, I think that is about it. I didn't put the colors up that I like becuase I need to think about that one. Don't have any wishlists going. I will post more later. I will try to get some color suggestions up later this evening... Off to work I go...

No comments: