Thursday, January 6

Feeling uncertain...

I had an interview today for a new salon. Why am I feeling so uncertain about taking a position there? I accepted the position but deep down in my gut it just doesn't feel right. I don't know what to do about it. If it was any normal salon I would just call up and say that I changed my mind and no longer interested in the position. Why can't I do it with this one? Well, one of my best friend's father works there as a stylist and I feel like I will look like a really crappy person if I don't take the position there. I know that deep down in my heart I have to do what is best for myself and if I don't feel right working there then I need to say something. You see this is what I was afraid of when Gary first asked me if I wanted to work there. That it would be a conflict of my personal relationships and my work relationships. Now I am in the middle of something that I started. I don't start there until the end of the month so I have a little bit of time but I just am at a loss on what to do. Suggestions anyone?

Will post more about knitting later.

1 comment:

Pam said...

My suggestion - keep looking for another job. Then if something better comes up you can use that as an excuse (closer to home, better pay, more of a challenge, what have you). And lead them to belive you had applied there a long time ago. It's kind of weasely but might be a way out.
And I completly understand about not wanting to work with someone you know from the outside. I've actually exaggerated to friends about the qualification for a job so they wouldn't apply.