Today I am having a really good day. I have an interview tomorrow for a new salon. I am really excited about this. I know I haven't posted much about the whole work scene but feel like some explaining is due.
My boss is a bitch. Not just your typical "My boss is bitchy today" but a mean, lying, backstabbing, selfish, and careless one. With out filling up this whole post with things about my boss I will just do the main topics. Those that feel they need to know more just email me and I will tell.
Things that my boss has done or not done (depending on the situation)
- will not commit to regular and SET hours.
- lied to me when I was sick and said I would be doing 1 manicure, so I came in expecting to do only that and finding out that she scheduled me with 3 haircuts and 2 color jobs.
- Needed to make sure that there was money in the account before giving us paychecks
- Believes that the AZ rules and regulations are just guidelines to follow.
- Won't adhere to City Code
- messed up on paychecks three (YEP 3) times
- will take a walk in or schedule a hair color 5 minutes before the end of you shift
- Lied about being a stylist. (okay she didn't lie...she just didn't say that she wasn't one and I found out from girl that she hired who went to school with her. Seems my boss started cosmo school in June. 6 mos. after she bought the salon)
- Won't finish the simple tasks that should have been done before the remodel reopening
- Doesn't see any problem in scheduling someone 6 days a week or even 7 "becuase they are short hours".
There is more that I could go on and on and on but I won't. Most of this stuff I could get over but the AZ rules and regs are what get me the most. I don't want to put my license at risk anymore. So, I have an interview and I will see how it goes.
Knitting was very accomplished tonight.
- I started and finished the cotton knit baby hat from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.
- I worked a lot on my hourglass sweater
- I taught Martha how to use DPN's and how make and I-cord and how to design a purse for a gift.
- Frogged my fluted banister sock
- (not tonight but...) I got Jeremy's hat and Marie's scarf finished
I will try to get some pictures posted but not too sure if I can. I am going out to my sister's tomorrow while Amy has band practice so maybe I can use her camera. Day off and lot's of knitting time. What else could a girl ask for?