Friday, December 31

sick day...cough cough cough...

Actually, I am sick. I had been having a sore throat for the last few days and when I woke up this morning I could barely swallow and had old lady smoker voice. I have people coming over for new years tonight so I am going to sleep for a few hours and see if that helps. If not they aren't coming over.

I was going to re-list the things I want to knit next year but I was thinking since this is the end of the year I should reflect on the things I have learned. (both positive and negative) these are in no particular order.
  • A pattern is not the end all be all. play around with it.
  • It is definitely okay to knit for yourself.
  • Making things for babies makes you feel grown up
  • Color can make or break a knitted item
  • Don't knit something when you don't want to
  • I learned the German Round Toe. This is my best friend
  • I learned to Kitchener. My social acquaintence now.
  • If a pattern isn't sinking in, it is okay to chuck it.
  • Don't throw your magazines away. You will end up needing it later on. and then have to pay 15 dollars for it because you had to order online and pay for shipping and handling.
  • Floss can be used as a stitch holder. (just not waxed cinnamon on white yarn)
  • Always ask for help if you don't understand.
  • Be willing to help out others. (KARMA PEOPLE)
  • Hats are really easy, quick and liked gifts.
  • Sometimes you just have to do a pattern line by line. Don' t try to read it all out and not do it if you don't understand it.
  • Challenge yourself.
  • It is way cool to have others talk about and knit your published knitting pattern
  • I get lazy and bored with my knitting.
  • Finishing a UFO that has been sitting around for a year is so tasty.
  • Even tastier when you are wearing it and people ask you were you got it at.
  • Giving in to temptation is okay as long as it doesn't hurt any other projects.
  • Expensive needles are worth every cent.
  • Gauge in the round is not always the same when you knit flat
  • Knowing that if you are ever in a rut that you will come out of it.

I know that there are more things I have learned but I just can't think of them right now.

Have a safe and happy new year's eve. Happy Knitting.

1 comment:

Creative Genius? said...

Oh I agree - I would have never of believed it but the Addies are SOOOO WORTH IT!! I love this list - it's all so true!