Tuesday, December 14

I once read an article about being a yarn hussy in an Interweave Knits. About how you start off so innocently with just the thought of working on something else. How you can really work on both projects and get them both done and before you know it that sweater you were working on has piled up in the corner with all those other half done projects. So my questions are: (and please see the polls on the side) How many UFO's do you have? How long before you start working on another project? What is it that pushes you to work on another project?

I will change the polls out every few days. No real reason that I am doing this. I just want to know that I am not the only yarn hussy out there.

I made my cinnamon rosettes yesterday. They are beautiful and delicious.

Here is the recipe for them:
Dough:
4 C. Sifted Flour 3 Sticks Butter
1 Egg 1 Egg Yoke
¾ C. Warm Milk 1 Cake Yeast (wet yeast)
1 Tbsp. Sugar – heaping

Filling:
1 C. Sugar 1 C. Ground Nuts
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon 1 Stick Butter

Dissolve cake yeast into milk. Mix flour and butter until just blended; add in egg, yoke and milk with yeast. Mix again. Add sugar. Mix until pie dough consistency. Refrigerate until chilled. Mix up sugar, nuts and cinnamon for filling. Melt butter. Separate dough into 4 parts, working on lightly floured table, roll out 1 part of dough into rectangle about the size of cookie sheet. Brush dough with melted butter, sprinkle with ¼ of filling. Gently roll up on long side. Press seam in. Cut into 1/2" slices and lay spiral side up onto cookie sheet. Snip randomly with scissors in the spiral. Bake in 375ยบ oven for 20 minutes. Repeat for last three parts of dough.
Some may not know what cake yeast is: It is a small pat of active yeast. It is just a little bit bigger than a pat of butter and it is found in the dairy section. The brand I use is Fleischman's. That is the only brand I have ever seen that makes it. I had a time trying to find it but you can either find it at AJ's Fine Foods or at Albertsons (as they will both order it for you if they don't have it in stock).
I have a long day ahead of me today. I get to take my knitting with me to work today so that is nice. I goofed off and chatted with Martha all last night so I didn't finish my unbiased bag. I am finishing that up today.
Happy Knitting.

No comments: