Tuesday, March 29

Tip Tuesday

So here is you tip of the week.



Ever see a stitch pattern in a book or online or in a magazine and want to knit it? Then you see that is says "multiple of 8 stitches + 2" What the heck does that mean?

Quite simple to do. Let's say you want a total of 4 repeats of the pattern. 8 x 4 = 32. So you cast on 32 stitches and then two more stitches for the "+2". You will have a total of 34 stitches. It's that simple. As for why it is done? I haven't gone that far into learning about the tip, but I can tell you that from the knitting I have done, it is usually used when you have an offset pattern. Cool, huh?


I ordered my wheel today. I can't wait for it to come in.... This will be the longest time waiting for it.

I haven't done any real knitting lately. Just a few rows on "testy". I have decided to call my test knit that, as that is how I become when I work on it. I am also trying to refelt a bag from a while back. WE will see how it goes.

I found a purse yesterday that I had knit a while back. When I first started knitting. YIKES. I can see so many mistakes in it. While quite amusing to look at it is nice to know that I have come quite far in my knitting.

I am off to the fiber factory today. I want to pick up some roving for the new wheel and get a couple of other things. Not that I need it though.

Happy knitting

No comments: