Tuesday, March 8

Tip Tuesday and more yarn to talk about...

So, here is my knitting tip of the week for today. I found this tip out when I just gotten into knitting...Some of you may have heard it last week on Knitty Gritty but here it is...


You find two yarns that you are in love with and want to knit them together but don't know what needle size to use.... Look at the ball band and see what the mm size for the needle is...(yep, those are finally coming in handy for us Americans) Just add the mm sizes together, then find what the closest mm size in for a needle and start knitting.... Example?
You have these two balls of yarn...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Crystal Effects yarn is knit on size 8 needles, so that makes it 5 mm. The Odyssey yarn is knit on size 7 needles, so that makes it 4.5mm.
4.5 + 5 = 9.5
The closet mm size to that is a size 13 (9mm).
Cool huh?
So, I also forgot to mention that I went up to Jessica's on Sunday. I didn't stay very long. Amy had a class that I had to pick her up at. But I did manage to walk away with some Baby Alpaca yarn. Nope, it's not for me. I am sending it off to my Secret Pal... I have the package all done and I just need to send it off today. I hope that she likes it.
Amy and I are off to Ikea today. We are going to get some chairs for the living room. Not anything to fancy, we just have a couch and if you have more than one person over some one has to sit on the chairs from the dining room table.
I started on my next project form southwest. It is tank and it is coming along nicely. It is a very mindless knitting project so I can work on that in front of the t.v.
I might meet up with Brooke tonight to do some knitting, so if anyone is intersted let me know and we can figure out where to meet at and junk...
Happy Knitting .

No comments: