So,I realized that this title seemed a little silly but i don't really care all that much. I like it so it sticks. I have decided to join the SP 8. Golly..I know I was out of the knitting world for a little while, but it didn't seem like that much time had passed to make it 8! Ah well, time flies when you are marooned in Fabulous Rainbow Valley... I really need to get a picture of that up for people to really see how far out I really was from the Phoenix area. But here I am rambling... let me get back on topic....
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I really don't have too many "favorites". I like a good wool, a good rayon and even a good acrylic. I have no real particular tastes.I will work with things when I need them to work and always willing to try something new. Something that I have wanted to try out is a boucle but haven't gotten round to that. The only thing that I really don't like is yarn that has a little bit of glitter in it and it isn't soft!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My sister and I made a few needle holders a while back and I love them. I keep my circulars in CD case and also a plastic Rubbermaid bin (when I have them torn out of the CD case)
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since I was 15. So we are going on 12 years... I would have to say that I am intermediately advanced. I like the idea of working on hard projects and have great momentum but go quickly under when I make my first mistake.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope... I have a wishlist that goes on in my head but its not really anything too big.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I am better at telling you what I dislike... I ABHORE the smell of Patouchli. UUUGGGHHH! I am not very fond of Lavender. There is too long a back story to expalain either... And Vanilla i am rather picky about.. I just mostly don't like sugary sweet vanilla... as in Bath and Body Works type. Though you can't go wrong withe citrus scents for me. Lemon, lime, tangerine... like them all.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I am a super choco-holic. Milk, that is. I would say I am more of a chocolate snob than a yarn snob!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do spin. I haven't done it in a while but i have a wheel and I do like to spin. I am also into beading and cards. I am an all around general crafter. At Christmas time, I try to make all of my presents for people. A little ambitious but, I try..
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I am not really a music person. I listen to music all day at work, so I tend to tune it out. If i had to decide on something, I prefer punk, jazz (more funky than bluesy) and I must admit that I am an NPR addict and a Howard Stern Junkie... I went out and got satellite for my car when he moved to Sirius.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like everything. I am really fond of purples and blues and reds. I am not really too fond of oranges or anything "burnt something or other". WHile i like yellows I can't wear the color so I stick to giving it to others.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a partner of over 7 years. There will be a time when we get "hitched" but not anytime soon. We just moved back in together after a 2 month split and 7 months of living seperarely. I have two cats. Pepper Ann and Moose. American short hair and a teeny tiny Chihuahua named Maggie who is about 14 years old.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves and mittens, but no hats or ponchos. I just look way to wormy.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like to knit socks. I taught myself and fell in love. I also like to knit lace scarves. I get into purse binges and that is all I will knit for a while. I like to felt too!
13. What are you knitting right now?
Ohhh.. I knew this one was coming... here is the list... 2 pairs of socks, 3 scarves, a baby sweater, a shawl on size 11 needles, a couple of baby hats that need to be seemed and a few purses that have to be felted and lined.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? YOU BETCHAA!!!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo circs and short straights. I prefer the Casein straight needles
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? ahh I only wish but I like to wind so skeins aren't a bother to me!
17. How did you learn to knit? My mom taught me after she couldn't get me to learn crochet. I let it sit for awhile and then I decided to take a class and after about 10 minutes into the class I remembered everything and realized that i wasted 60 bucks!
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don't really know. I have a few socks from a couple of years back that i ended up not liking and haven't done the second one.
19. What is your favorite holiday? Fourth of July!
20. Is there anything that you collect? Oh, you want besides yarn... not much really. I have a friend who has started getting me German books. NOne of them are of real value but they are kind of cool. I also have started to develop this thing for sushi paraphanelia.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
No mag subs. I don't know of any real things I have have have to get. I talk about them as I see them. I know that there are a few patterns here and there that i want to try out but then I forget to link them and then forget about them until a few weeks later. Something that i haven't gotten around to getting for myself is enough lace weight yarn to do a lace shawl.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I want to do some fairisle but haven't gotten round to do it. Something that really intrigues me are Latvian Mittens but I tried to do gloves once and couldn't master the thumb gussett so that is putting me off a little bit... I am really intrigued by fancy colorwork.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am a slave to socks. I don't even know how many I have knit anymore. I wear a womens US 9.5 to 10. (Huge feet I know, I know!)
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) The birthday is September 10th!
So, I hope that I got everthing down on this one. I have a lovely little story to tell of my day of woe when I went to the Needler's Nest sale on Sunday. But i will get to that later....
Love You Much Valentine Card Kit
8 years ago