Tuesday, October 3

Secret Pal 9 questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

- - - I have lots of "favorite" yarns. It really depends on my mood though. Right now my favorites are handpainted...any weight any brand. I am really an open book for this part. I like to try new things. I am willing to pick up a skein just because I haven't used it before.There are very few yarns that I really dislike... I can find a project for any yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

- - - I have a needle case and a plastic bin for my circulars... but the real answer is that I store my needles in unfinished projects or on the guest bed/knitting pile!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

- - - I have been knitting since I was bout 15. But realy got back into about 6 years ago. I am 27 now. I would consider myself to be an intermediate/advanced knitter... I can do it the complicated stuff... it is just the motivation to finish it. Bonus points for you pal if you can find my pattern in a book that is out! (By all means it is not complicated at all....just a fun little thing to do!)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

- - - nope, unless you consider the ENTIRE patternworks catalog!

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
- - - like lots of smells, just no patchouli or lavender

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

- - - milk chocolate... I am kind of a chocolate snob... after working in a chocolate store for a while, you become quite the snooty one regarding chocolates.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
- - - I have a spinning wheel. I like to spin. Am I good at it, no, but I still like to do it. I like to sew some things.. I can embroider... but knitting is my passion.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
- - - I listen to just about everything. I like all types of music except for
R & B.... ugggghhh. I prefer harder alternative, though...underground punk... but I listen to country, and bluegrass, and classical. and rap...if it has a good bass to I will listen to it.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
- - - I jump around on my colors. Right now i am in a blue phase, but i can see that ending soon. I like warmer colors... more jewel tones than anything. I like pastels, but not my favorites... again I tend to go more toward jewel tones.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

- - - I have a partner for 8 years. Her name is Amy. I have two cats (a sister and , brother... Pepper Ann and Moose) and a chihuahua (Maggie who is a true size chihuahua at a whopping 4.25 pounds) She is dang cute too! Not like most chihuahuas that people see! I promise!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
- - - I love scarves and mittens... although living in arizona I can't wear them that often... but oh. if it is 62 degrees out side you better believe I got a scarf on! Hats and ponchos... I look a little ridiculous in... So I don't bother...

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

-- Socks, I am really into lace right now. I am also fascinated with cables but don't really do them much.

13. What are you knitting right now?
- - - I am working on a pair of socks for socktoberfest and getting ready to start some Christmas knitting.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

- - - YESSSS!!!!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

dpns, or circs... bambo or Brittany needles. I really love the softness of them!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
- - GOD I WISH!!!!


17. How old is your oldest UFO?

5 years?????


18. What is your favorite holiday?

- - - Christmas and fourth of July and of course my birthday... which sometimes coincides with Grandparent's day

19. Is there anything that you collect?
- - - does yarn count as a collection? we kind have a thing for the simpson's and I love Choco-cat

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
- - - no books that I have, have have to have... no subscriptions. I pick up interweave all the time, though

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I have really really really been wanting to get my hands on some fairisle. Real life fairisle, but either the budget is too tight or I can't find a pattern that i want to do at that time or no one to wear a pattern that would fit.


22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am a sock knitter. I have two pair going right now. A plain one and a nice lacy rib pattern

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 09-10

Secret Pal if you want to know any more about me, just give me a line and I'll definitely answer the q's!


Happy Knitting

No comments: