Saturday, July 15

mi casa es su casa

I am house sitting again for my sister. She is lounging in the warm sun of Hawaii.
And here I am stuck in Phoenix with 115 degree weather and a heat advisory. Although, I do get to swim in her pool, so I guess that it makes up for it.

Amy and I have had a pretty expensive day today. On Tuesday, she went to take the Escape in to get it ready for emissions. It had been doing this chugging thing for a little while and she figured that it better be taken care of before it was emissions time. Well, it turns out that it was the computer and it was going to cost about 1500 bucks to fix. Her brother in law, who is rather car savvy told her it would be better in the long run for her to get a new car. So, today she is the proud owner of a new NEW new Ford Fusion. Wait, what is that you say.... Yes I did talk a few months back about an Amy getting a fusion. Yes... my sister and my girlfriend, same named, have the same car. Anyway, she got a pretty good deal on it and we got more for the trade in on the Escape than we thought that we would so it works out in the end.

In about a month we are going to head over to Anaheim, CA. She has a pal that lives over there and we are going to invade her apartment. I am also going to get myself a lovely little birthday present at that time too! We will be passing by the Coach outlet and I have decided that I am going to work overtime and get my self a two or three seasons passed Coach purse.... I have always wanted one and I figured that I could get it if I work over time. Also, if I get it at the outlet, I can't go and have buyers remorse and return it. It will be mine forever.

It also looks like we are going to hit Las Vegas over Labor Day weekend. I know, I know what am I thinking. But hey, I will have a three day weekend and an extra paycheck that week, so I am willing to go and do it. There are a few of us going so hopefully that will make the rates of the rooms a wee bit cheaper.

Secret Pal, I have started knitting up the yarn you gave me. I love it. Thank you so much for thinking of me and sending me something I have wanted to try out. I like the pattern that you sent out too, although, I am waiting to use that on another yarn I have sitting in my stash!

I am working a few secret small projects to give to a couple of friends that read this so I can't really talk too much about them. I can say, though, that they are way cool!

I hope that everyone has a good week

Happy Knitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! i'm so glad you are liking the boucle! :)

MAN! you are going to be busy! but congrats on the new car!!

have fun in vegas and at the coach outlet and in LA. busy busy bee. :)

Nic said...

Hey Las Vegas is a great place (and we have a Coach outlet too) It blows for knitting and yarn buying. You can decide if that will be good or bad thing.