Monday, May 16

What has brown hair, likes to knit and hates written questions?

ME!!!

I met up with Brooke and her wonderful mom Sandee to work on my TKGA swatches. I have learned a few things from this escapade. In no particular order.

  1. Encore worsted weight yarn is not the best yarn to use for making the swatches. It is just a little too fuzzy
  2. Cream colored yarn is not good to knit with. It makes the swatches look like the crap ass baby sweaters you see in the goodwill. You know the ones that had the dog wee on them.
  3. Jack loves me, okay he loves my pin, my glasses and my plastic page protector.
  4. A knit 1 purl 1 cast on? It looks crappy at best
  5. You learn just how bad of a knitter you really are when you know that others are getting ready to scrutinize your work.
  6. The question's and swatches are open to interpetation. You just have to make the right one.
  7. The best cast on method for swatch one is the knit cast on

So, I had a really good time. Jack was adorable as ever... he has the fattest little legs! So cute!

I also decided that I was going to get to work on some of my written questions. Before I knew it, I had half of the knitting section strewn over a desk and was well into finishing them. I have about 6 left to do. I tried to get as many references as possible but i found myself referring to the same books over and over again. In some books it is quite obvious how much the writer(s) valued certain aspects of the knitting by how much content was there for a subject.

I am going to try to get them all typed up. I can't decide on my cable pattern. I get really picking when I have to choose things... so it's a good thing I have a little time.

I am going to try a differnt type of yarn with my swatches.

Happy Knitting

No comments: