Monday, November 1

there once was a girl who had a little curl...

right in the middle of her forehead. And when she was good she was very good, but when she was bad she was horrid.

Cute huh? So, I am officially a stylist! I love my job. I had a perm today. I am not really all that good at perms but it wasn't too bad. She was an older woman who was about 90 years old. Every time I would go to wrap the rod she would scream out loud that I was hurting her. The thing is, I wasn't pulling her hair taught yet to get the rod on! (ARRGGHH!) Well, the perm turned out okay. I promise you all that I won't burden you with stories about working at the salon. Maybe I should start another blog just for that??? Just Kidding! But the salon that I am working at is really cute. It is still in that, we should have waited 1 more week to open phase but it is workable! I will have business cards the next time most of you see me but if you want to know earlier then here is the info... The Ends.... 602-553-8252. The hours for now are Mon thru Sat 9:30 to 6:00. I will be off on Wednesdays.(that will be permanent)

Okay about knitting, here is what I have going on right now:
Kim's gloves and scarf set: I was working on the thumb and I jacked it up pretty bad. I don't know what I did wrong but I had to undo the whole thing. I have about 3 inches done on the scarf.

Amber's Scarf (the zigzag scarf): I was working on a scarf for her but when she came over she saw it and was like ohh this would be pretty if it was in a different color... (she didn't know it was going to be hers) I was going to then make it Marie's scarf but she doesn't like green.

Marie's scarf: Not the zigzag scarf anymore... I think that I am going to make her the pompom scarf as I can get that done rather quickly.

Jessica's Birthday present: almost done. (a super secret that I will show on Wednesday)

Grandma's present: I have one sock almost done!

I need to find some yarn for my other sister's present. I am going to make her a stethescope cozy. I don't have a pattern for it and I don't know what yarn to use, but I will think of something!

I also need to find yarn for Jessica's Christmas present. I am going to maker her my version of the chinese charm bag.

So, I should be getting the new Stitch 'N Bitch book in a few days. The release date has changed from 11-4 to 11-12. I can't wait... Happy Knitting... Oh, be sure to watch the season change on my blog in the next few weeks!

No comments: